The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Ho Chi Minh city (HCDC) has reported 24 other suspected cases of Covid-19.
Local authorities have sent all of 24 people to the Cu Chi Field Hospital
Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories.
After reporting four new COVID-19 community cases on Monday morning, related to a baggage handler of Tan Son Nhat International Airport, a 27-year-old man who lives in Binh Duong Province that borders HCMC and was confirmed positive with coronavirus over the weekend, the HCDC reported 24 other suspected cases. VNExpress reported.
Details as below:
- 5 people living in Binh Thanh district, of which 3 were in Ward number 28, Thanh Da Ward and 2 others in ward 21, at Thi Nghe area.
- 5 people living in Go Vap district, they are all F2 of “patient 1979”;
- 7 people living in district 12;
- 7 people living in Binh Tan district.
The local authorities have sent all of 24 people to the Cu Chi Field Hospital” Nguyen Chi Dung, Head of HCDC told reporter.
Related: Tan Son Nhat airport staff tested positive for COVID-19
Until now, it is still not clear the source of infection for new suspected cases as well as “patient 1979” because he lives with his brother in Binh Duong and the brother has also contracted the new coronavirus.
With all suspected cases, HCMC has now recorded 32 locally transmitted cases, counting from January 28 when community transmissions returned to Vietnam after 55 clean days with first cases detected in northern Hai Duong and Quang Ninh provinces.
In the past 11 days, Vietnam has registered 422 domestic cases in 12 cities and provinces. Hai Duong, Quang Ninh and Hanoi top the list with 309, 47 and 23 cases each.
Binh Duong has got six infections while Gia Lai has 19, Dien Bien three, Bac Ninh two, Hoa Binh two, and Hai Phong, Bac Giang, Ha Giang one each, according to VNExpress.
- Vietnam’s Ho Chi Minh city records a suspected positive case of COVID-19
- Breaking: Twelve more suspected cases of coronavirus reported in Vietnam’s Da Nang city
- HCDC searches for people visited Military Hospital 175
- HCDC searches for people visiting Military Hospital 175
- VN reports eight new imported cases of COVID-19