Medical workers take samples of Hai Duong’s residents for Covid-19 testing. The Ministry of Health has reported four new locally-transmitted Covid-19 cases in Hai Duong and Gia Lai - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC - The number of Covid-19 patients by community transmission in Vietnam has risen by four, with three new cases in Hai Duong and one in Gia Lai, according to the Ministry of Health’s announcement released this morning, February 7.
Of them, three cases in Hai Duong are men aged from 21 to 34. They were linked to the pandemic hotspot in Hai Duong’s Cam Giang District.
All of them are being quarantined and treated at the field hospital of the Hai Duong Medical Technical University.
The patient in Gia Lai is also a man, 50, residing in Ayun Pa Town. He was linked to the Ia Pa hotspot and has been placed under quarantined since February 3.
He had his sample taken for Covid-19 testing on February 5 and the result returned positive the next day. The patient is being quarantined and treated at the medical center of Ayun Pa Town.
To date, Vietnam has reported 1,985 Covid-19 cases, with 430 cases being recorded since January 27.
This morning, the Ministry of Health also announced that all students and teachers of Xuan Phuong Primary School in Hanoi have tested negative for the coronavirus twice. Medical workers will tomorrow take their samples to conduct another test. If the results turn back negative again, they will be no longer quarantined and return to their homes on February 9.
They have been quarantined since January 31 as a student of the school was found to be infected with Covid-19. They were initially planned to be quarantined until after the Tet holiday.
- Vietnam reports 20 new Covid-19 cases
- HCMC, Gia Lai reports Covid-19 cases linked to Hai Duong Province
- Nine new locally-transmitted Covid-19 cases reported
- Vietnam’s locally-infected Covid-19 cases jump by 30
- COVID-19: 18 out of 28 fresh infections linked to Hai Duong hotspot
- One person in Hai Duong tests positive for Covid-19
- All nine fresh locally-infected cases of Covid-19 linked to Hai Duong
- Vietnam reports 37 new locally-infected cases in coronavirus hotspot
- Health Ministry reports five more Covid-19 cases
- One more Covid-19 case reported in Hai Duong