Employees of the Hanoi Center for Disease Control conduct Covid-19 tests. Vietnam reports nine new Covid-19 patients this morning, February 3 - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC - The Ministry of Health this morning, February 3, confirmed nine fresh community-transmitted Covid-19 cases in Hanoi City and Hai Duong, Gia Lai and Binh Duong provinces.
Specifically, four of the patients are in Gia Lai, two in Hai Duong, two in Binh Duong and one in Hanoi.
The patients in Hanoi and Binh Duong were in close contact with other patients linked to the Covid-19 hotspot of Hai Duong’ Chi Linh City.
Meanwhile, two patients in Hai Duong are workers in Chi Linh City. They were earlier placed under quarantine, thus posing no risks for community spread.
In addition, three cases in Gia Lai were linked to Vietnam Poyun Electronics Company in Hai Duong, while another case's source of infection remains unknown.
At an online meeting with localities on February 2, Associate Professor Dr Luong Ngoc Khue, head of the Department of Medical Examination and Treatment at the Health Ministry, said after having analyzed 240 patients in this Covid-19 wave, the ministry found that 80% of them showed no symptoms, which was a big challenge for hospitals.
He required hospitals to carefully study the traveling history of all people coming to hospitals.
If hospitals wait until patients develop symptoms of cough, fever and shortness of breath, they may miss Covid-19 patients, Khue added.
- HCMC, Gia Lai reports Covid-19 cases linked to Hai Duong Province
- Vietnam’s locally-infected Covid-19 cases jump by 30
- One more Covid-19 case reported in Hai Duong
- Hai Duong can conduct 30,000 Covid-19 tests each day
- Hanoi records two more Covid-19 community cases
- Vietnam reports 14 new locally transmitted Covid-19 cases
- Nine more locally-transmitted Covid-19 cases reported
- Five more Covid-19 cases reported
- Vietnam reports 34 new Covid-19 cases of community transmission
- COVID-19: 18 out of 28 fresh infections linked to Hai Duong hotspot