Competent forces prevent vehicles from entering Quang Ninh Province’s Binh Duong Commune of Dong Trieu Town. The commune has been put under lockdown - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – The government of the northern province of Quang Ninh locked down Binh Duong Commune of Dong Trieu Town since 12 p.m. on January 29 to prevent Covid-19 from spreading further.
The province has reported several locally-transmitted Covid-19 cases. In addition, Dong Trieu Town shares a border with Hai Duong Province’s Chi Linh City, which is a Covid-19 hotspot, the local media reported.
To quickly control the pandemic, Nguyen Xuan Ky, secretary of the Quang Ninh Party Committee, chairman of the provincial People’s Council and head of the provincial steering committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control, has also ordered a close watch on the situation in the Thuy An, Nguyen Hue, Viet Dan and An Sinh communes to promptly apply lockdown measures when needed.
The province has established a quick response team to support the pandemic prevention and control efforts in Dong Trieu Town.
The prime minister had earlier asked the province to suspend the operation of the Van Don International Airport from January 28.
- Nine more locally-transmitted Covid-19 cases reported
- 14 more Covid-19 cases confirmed in Haiphong, Hai Duong, Quang Ninh
- Vietnam confirms new Covid-19 community cases in Hanoi, Bac Ninh, all linked to Hai Duong
- Vietnam suspends all flights from and to Covid-19 hit province
- VN reports eight new imported cases of COVID-19
- 82 Covid-19 cases reported in Hai Duong and Quang Ninh
- Vietnam detects 82 fresh locally transmitted cases after two-month lull
- HCMC quarantines six cases linked to 1,553rd Covid-19 patient