Epidemiologists disinfected the Hai Phong Children’s Hospital and tested many of its medical workers for COVID-19, said Tran Anh Cuong, director of the municipal Department of Health.
The hospital is hastening contact tracing to early detect and quarantine those who had come into contact with the child patient, Cuong added.
The patient was born in Hai Duong province where nearly 100 cases were confirmed on January 28.
The child and his mother, an employee working for Poyun Electronics Co.Ltd. in Hai Duong where the virus was detected, went to Hai Phong for a visit on January 24.
They both showed flu-like symptoms such as a fever, and went to the Children’s Hospital for medical examination. While the mother was virus free, the child tested positive. The patient was transferred to Hai Duong for treatment.
Hai Phong is the third locality in Vietnam that has confirmed the emergence of the coronavirus after Hai Duong and Quang Ninh.
- Hanoi Covid-19 patient gives birth to baby boy
- Hanoi hospital reopens as one patient declared Covid-19 negative
- COVID-19: Three more cases detected, virus attacks 13 localities
- Danang hospital quarantined for man tested positive for Covid-19
- Hanoi hospital locked-down following Covid case
- Hanoi hospital locked down following Covid-19 case found
- Danang shuts down field hospital at indoor stadium