Health workers conduct Covid-19 testing. The Hai Duong steering committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control shut down the factory of Vietnam Poyun Electronics Co. Ltd. to conduct Covid-19 tests for all the workers at the firm – PHOTO: LDO
HCMC – The Hai Duong steering committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control has shuttered the factory of Vietnam Poyun Electronics Co. Ltd. in order to conduct Covid-19 tests for all the workers at the facility, where the 1,552nd Covid-19 patient and a female employee who tested positive for Covid-19 after arriving in Japan work.
As of this morning, January 28, Hai Duong Province had traced 237 persons who came into contact with the 1,552nd patient and the female worker identified as N.T.G., who lives in Chi Linh City. Of the total, 177 persons work at the Vietnam Poyun Electronics Co. Ltd.
Chi Linh City has locked down the entire Kim Dien Hamlet, while Hung Dao Commune began social distancing and set up 13 checkpoints.
In related news, the Quang Ninh Department of Transport has ordered the halt of all road and sea transport activities, starting from today until further notice, the local media reported.
The provincial department asked transport units to promptly park their vehicles and disinfect them as well as monitor the health of the drivers and conductors.
The coach stations, ports and ferry terminals were asked to close their doors and disinfect their areas.
- Vietnamese worker tests positive for Covid-19 upon arrival in Japan
- Vietnam records highest number of Covid-19 cases in one day
- Vietnam confirmed two Covid-19 community transmission cases
- Following departure from Vietnam, factory worker tests positive for COVID-19 in Japan
- Vietnam detects 82 fresh locally transmitted cases after two-month lull
- Vietnam announces first 2 local COVID-19 infections since December
- Another man in HCMC tests positive for Covid-19 after illegally entering Vietnam
- Vietnam detects 82 more COVID-19 infections
- Vietnam confirms a whopping 84 local COVID-19 cases in less than 24 hours