Vietnam records 82 new cases that tested positive for Covid-19, in which 72 came from Hai Duong and 10 were from Quang Ninh as of the morning of Jan. 28, VN Express has reported.
All cases were reported to have stemmed from patient 1552 and 1553, which is a 34-year-old woman working for Vietnam Poyun a 31-year-old man who working at Van Don International Airport.
The airport is under temporary shutdown.
Health Minister Nguyen Thanh Long said that after discovering the initial two cases, Hai Duong province and Van Don district immediately sent the functional force and localized the “hub” of transmission.
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc emphasized that the authorities have responded quickly, resolutely, promptly, and decisively. Prime Minister Nguyen demanded the continuation of strong administrative measures such as isolating the provinces, and further testing to find out the source of the outbreak.
Due to the quick responses and testing of F1 and F2 on the night of Jan. 27, up until now, 72 out of 138 tested samples have reported positive in Hai Duong.
- Vietnam confirmed two Covid-19 community transmission cases
- 82 Covid-19 cases reported in Hai Duong and Quang Ninh
- Breaking: Vietnam records 82 community-based coronavirus cases in a single day
- Vietnam detects 82 fresh locally transmitted cases after two-month lull
- Vietnam announces first 2 local COVID-19 infections since December
- Vietnam records three imported Covid-19 cases from Angola
- Vietnam records eight new Covid-19 imported cases
- Lockdown put on Hai Duong City after three Covid-19 cases reported
- Vietnam records three imported COVID-19 cases
- Vietnam confirms a whopping 84 local COVID-19 cases in less than 24 hours