All land and waterway transport services coming in and out of the province will be temporarily suspended, according to an urgent telegram issued by the provincial Department of Transport.
The decision took effect as from 06.00am on January 28 until further notice, said the telegram.
The local administration also asked transport companies to soon complete trips, disinfect buses and boats, and keep a close watch on the health of drivers and conductors.
For those who are currently on board buses or boats are required to make health declarations, don face masks and observe safe distance regulations.
A male worker of Quang Ninh’s Van Don International Airport has tested positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus, and the case was announced by the Ministry of Health early on January 28.
The patient has got into contact with a number of people returning from overseas of whom some have been confirmed as COVID019 patients during the quarantine period.
- Vietnam cuts all passenger transport services to and from Danang to curb virus spread
- COVID-19: Transport routes to/from Da Nang operate normally
- Students in Quang Ninh stay home after Covid-19 community transmissions
- COVID-19: Vietnam city re-imposes social distancing measures
- HCMC seeks to reduce private vehicles, develop public transport
- PM suspends inbound flights from UK and South Africa due to new variant of Covid-19 virus
- Hanoi requires wearing masks in public spaces to prevent virus resurgence
- One new imported Covid-19 patient confirmed on Saturday morning
- Hanoi Public Transport Association proposes bus-only lanes
- One more man tests positive for SARS-CoV-2 after returning from Russia