Vietnamese students won 20 medals at the 2021 International Mathematics and Science Olympiad (IMSO).
The closing and award ceremony of the 17th International Mathematics and Science Olympiad (IMSO 2021) was held online on January 24.
The Vietnamese team included 24 6th-grade students from Hanoi.
They claimed two golds, five silvers, and four bronzes in maths and five silvers and four bronzes in science.
The gold medals belonged to Nguyen Tung Lam from Giang Vo Secondary School and Ha Manh Hung from the Hanoi-Amsterdam School for Gifted Students.
IMSO 2021 was held from January 21 to 24, with Indonesia as host. Contestants participated online, because of COVID-19, with the event broadcast live.
Exclusively for students under 13, the Olympiad brought together contestants from 15 countries and territories worldwide.
At IMSO 2019, Vietnamese students brought home 15 gold, 14 silver, and seven bronze medals.
Members of the VN mathematics team
Members of Vietnam's science team.
- Vietnamese students win medals at Int l informatics Olympiad 2021
- Vietnamese students pick up medals at IdPhO 2020
- Vietnam bags four gold medals at 2020 International Chemistry Olympiad
- All five students of Vietnamese team win medals at IdPhO 2020
- International Chemistry Olympics 2020: Vietnam ranks 2nd in the world
- Paralympics daily wrap-up: USA reclaim 3rd place on the medal table
- Ho Chi Minh City congratulates nearly 1000 excellent students
- 943 students with good academic performance honored in HCMC
- Vietnamese students win gold at international innovation contest