As many as 1,587 delegates representing more than 5.1 million Party members nationwide will attend the 13th National Party Congress from January 25 to February 2, up nearly 80 delegates against the 12th Congress.
Streets have been decorated to celebrate 13th National Congress. Photo: VNA
Deputy Head of the Party Central Committee’s Organization Commission Mai Van Chinh (middle) speaks at the press conference, Ha Noi, January 22, 2021. Photo: VGP
The figures were released by Mai Van Chinh - Deputy Head of the Party Central Committee’s Organization Commission at a press conference on January 22.
Chinh said guests to the Congress include former Party and State leaders, ambassadors and representatives of the diplomatic corps and chief representatives of international organizations in Ha Noi, Heroic Mothers, and outstanding youths and intellectuals and representatives from religious organizations.
The Congress will focus on reviewing the implementation of the 12th Congress’s Resolution in association with the assessment of the 35-year renewal process, 30-year implementation of the 1991 Platform, 10-year implementation of the 2011 Platform (amended) and the 2011-2020 socio-economic development strategy.
The Congress will charter the socio-economic development orientations and tasks for 2021 - 2025, as well as the goals and orientations for 2030 and the national development vision to 2045.
It will also review the Party building work and the leadership of the 12th Party Central Committee, and elect a new Party Central Committee for the 13th tenure.
Earlier the same day, a ceremony was held by the Party Central Committee’s Commission for Information and Education to inaugurate a Press Center of the 13th National Party Congress.
The Center offers the best conditions possible for the work of nearly 500 reporters and technicians from 191 domestic news agencies and more than 160 reporters from 110 foreign media outlets, of whom nearly 100 will cover the event online, according to Le Manh Hung, Vice Chairman of the Commission and Director of the Press Center.
- The 13th National Party Congress attended 1 587 delegates
- Diplomatic corps, int’l organisations informed about 13th National Party Congress
- Diplomatic corps, international organisations informed about 13th National Party Congress
- Preparations for 13th National Party Congress basically completed
- Special stamp issued to celebrate 13th National Party Congress
- Press centre for National Party Congress to open on Jan. 22
- Press Centre for 13th National Party Congress ready to open on January 22
- 13th National Party Congress press centre opens
- National Party Congress to open on January 25, 2021
- Communications work for 13th National Party Congress prepared thoroughly: official