The information was revealed by Le Manh Hung, deputy head of the Party Central Committee’s Commission for Information and Education, and head of the Press Centre of the upcoming Party Congress.
“This is the first time in history of the Party congresses, correspondents of foreign media agencies will give coverage of the event online due to the COVID-19 pandemic,” Hung told reporters at a press briefing at the press centre on January 18.
“We have invited 32 correspondents from 17 Party-run media agencies overseas, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs have invited 67 correspondents from foreign media agencies to cover the event.”
Hung also added that as many as 474 reporters from 191 local media agencies and publications have registered to provide widespread coverage of the congress.
According to the director, preparations for the press centre have been basically completed. The centre has put forth specific programmes and scenarios to facilitate the operation of reporters.
All reporters present at the centre will undergo COVID-19 testing, at the request of organisers.
- Press centre for National Party Congress to open on Jan. 22
- Hanoi launches Press Centre to serve 17th Party Congress
- Press stories on Party building honoured with Golden Hammer & Sickle Award
- Hanoi ready for Party Congress
- Personnel of Hanoi’s Party Committee for 2020-2025 term announced
- National Party Congress website inaugurated
- Vietnam Communist Party holds plenum to prepare personnel for 2021 Congress
- Party Central Committee’s 15th plenum starts
- Hanoi party officials assigned with new tasks