It was reported that the council has joined hands with the NA Standing Board, the Government and the Vietnam Fatherland Front Central Committee in carrying out preparatory work for the elections.
As of January 14, relevant agencies had issued documents guiding implementation of regulations regarding the elections of deputies to the 15th legislature, and grassroots-level level People’s Councils for the 2021-2026 tenure.
Efforts have been made to ensure security and safety for the elections. Election committees have been set up swiftly in localities. No complaints and denunciations concerning the elections have been reported, according to Nguyen Hanh Phuc, Chief of the office of the NEC.
The NEC agreed that an online national conference to examine the election work will take place on January 21.
NA Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan, who is also NEC President, asked the council’s sub-committees and office to promptly complete documents and make recommendations for the council in this regard.
- Meeting examines preparations for upcoming general election
- Iran denies interfering in US presidential elections
- PM celebrates 75th anniversary of NA first general election
- Party leader: There is no room for opportunism in upcoming Party election
- National Assembly sets date for next election
- Vietnam debuts National steering committee for cyber safety and security
- 75th anniversary of first National Assembly election celebrated in Vinh Long
- PM chairs first meeting of national steering committee for cyber security
- Putin congratulates Biden on winning the US presidential election