Party General Secretary and State President Nguyen Phu Trong addresses the closing ceremony of the 15th Plenum of the 12th-tenure Party Central Committee, Ha Noi, January 17, 2021. Photo: VGP
Addressing the closing ceremony, Party General Secretary and State President Nguyen Phu Trong said the Party Central Committee reached high consensus in voting for personnel lists in preparation for the 13th National Party Congress scheduled to take place from January 25-February 2.
Specifically, the Party Central Committee approved a list of fresh nominees and “special” cases (who are currently members of the 12th-tenure Party Central Committee) to the 13th Party Central Committee.
The Party Central Committee approved a list of nominees (who are current Politburo members) to be re-elected to the next Politburo and another list of nominees to the top positions of the Party and the State.
Trong said the Party Central Committee discussed and reached high consensus on a list of nominees to the Presidium, the Secretariat and Eligibility Verification Board on the delegates to the 13th National Party Congress.
Delegates to the 15th plenum of the 12th-tenure Party Central Committee. Photo: VGP
It also adopted reports of the 12th-tenure Party Central Committee on the documents to be submitted to the next National Party Congress, the personnel work of the next Party Central Committee, and gave comments on the summary report on the Party’s financial work for the 2016-2020 term.
The National Party Congress is held every five years with main duties of approving the Political Report, adopting Viet Nam’s Socio-Economic Plan for the next five and 10 years, and most importantly electing new Party Central Committee.
The newly-elected Party Central Committee will then convene first Plenum to elect the Party General Secretary, the Secretariat, and Head of the Party Central Committee's Inspection Commission and its members.
- Party Central Committee’s 15th plenum ends earlier than expected
- Party Central Committee plenum completes preparation for 13th Congress
- Party Central Committee’s 15th plenum focuses on personnel work
- Preparation for 13th Party Congress wrapped up
- Vietnam Communist Party holds plenum to prepare personnel for 2021 Congress
- Party Central Committee convenes 14th Plenum
- Party Central Committee to elect members for new term
- 13th tenure Politburo of 18 members elected
- Top leader Nguyen Phu Trong re elected as Party General Secretary