Receiving the outgoing Singaporean Ambassador, Catherine Wong, in Hanoi on Wednesday, the Prime Minister praised the Ambassador’s important contributions to promoting the bilateral relationship in the past four years.
Prime Minister Phuc called for more Singaporean technology groups to explore and invest in the Vietnamese market, maintaining Singapore’s leading investment position in Vietnam. He said he hopes that more and more Vietnamese students will come to study in Singapore to help to improve the quality of human resources in Vietnam.
Ambassador Catherine Wong congratulated Vietnam on its success as ASEAN Chair 2020 despite the COVID-19 pandemic, saying Vietnam’s initiatives have contributed to creating connectivity and close cooperation in ASEAN.
The Ambassador said Vietnam is an important market and Singaporean investors are looking for more investment opportunities in Vietnam, especially in innovation and smart cities, and start up, which are areas the Vietnamese government has prioritized.
Catherine Wong highly appreciated two important agreements that Vietnam promoted: the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) signed in 2017 and the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) signed in 2020.
- Israel is Vietnam’s important partner in the Middle East
- Vietnam News Today (December 26): PM approves intellectual property development programme
- Party chief and President receives Cuban Ambassador to Vietnam
- Vietnamese, Singaporean young entrepreneurs enhance cooperation
- First centre of ASEAN Smart Logistics Network launched
- How much did C.T Land lose?
- Indonesian Ambassador to Vietnam Ibnu Hadi paid a farewell call to Vice President of Vietnam
- CSV enables Nestlé Vietnam to step closer to sustainability
- Vietnam, US enjoy remarkable cooperation achievements since normalization of ties, Ambassador says