General Secretary of the Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV) and State President Nguyen Phu Trong offered his warm congratulations to North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, who was elected General Secretary of the Workers’ Party of Korea (WPK) at the 8th Congress of the WPK that took place on January 5-10.
According to a resolution released on January 11 by WPK, the general secretary of the WPK is the head of the party who represents and leads the whole party, embodying the organizational intention of the whole party and the center of the leadership and unity, reported the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA), the state news agency of North Korea.
The congress is expected to bring fresh impetus for driving the country’s economic growth.
- Top leader holds phone talks with new Secretary General of Lao People’s Revolutionary Party
- Top leader Nguyen Phu Trong re elected as Party General Secretary
- Party General Secretary congratulates leader of Hungarian Civic Alliance
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-un sends congratulatory message for Vietnam’s National Day
- China presents Friendship Order to Vietnam’s Party leader
- 13th National Party Congress a complete success: top leader
- Vietnam’s Party leader arrives in Beijing for four-day China visit
- Vietnam Communist Party holds plenum to prepare personnel for 2021 Congress
- Vietnam and Laos Top leaders hold phone talks