Airlines have called on passengers to come to airports 3-4 hours before the departure to avoid over-crowding around the Tet holiday.
To help Covid-19 prevention, passengers need to fulfil compulsory health declarations for their domestic flights through the Vietnamese Ministry of Health’s website at tokhaiyte.vn or via mobile phone. This should be done 24 hours before departure to speed up check-in procedures.
Noi Bai International Airport often faces congestion on Tet.
Passengers are advised to do self-check-in via web, mobile or check-in kiosks at the domestic terminal, besides checking in at counters. They also need to carefully check private papers such as their ID, birth certificates for children and flight code.
It is common to see many airports in Vietnam face congestion during the Tet Holiday due to the sharp rise of people who fly home for Tet.
To meet high demand during Tet, national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines have added 2,100 domestic flights for Tet, raising to its total flights on the occasion to nearly 12,000, equal to 2.4 million seats.
- Local carriers asked to deny passengers flouting health declarations
- Vietnam Airlines to launch online check-in service at Con Dao Airport
- HCMC airport overrun by crowds as summer nears
- Airport runway repairs cause congestion nightmare
- Domestic air travel sees full recovery post-COVID-19
- Domestic flight frequency adjusted to reduce congestion at airports
- Noi Bai International Airport sees sharp passenger rise after pandemic
- Domestic air travel surges in Vietnam
- Air transport agencies asked to prepare for upcoming busy national holidays
- Deploying a one-time check-in process on Con Dao route