The UK also pledged 40 million USD to the COVID-19 Vaccines Global Access Facility (COVAX) Advanced Market Commitment, promising to donate 1 pound for every 4 dollars received from donors around the world.
Canada, Japan, and Germany have helped raise more than 1.7 billion USD for the program, which will distribute 1 billion COVID-19 vaccine doses to 92 developing countries this year.
- Low income countries to receive COVAX vaccine this month
- Australia to support COVID-19 vaccine access for Pacific and Southeast Asian countries
- WHO issues first emergency use validation to BioNTech-Pfizer COVID vaccine
- Australia supports Vietnam and other countries to access COVID-19 vaccine
- Vietnam included in Australia’s US$58 million support for Covid-19 vaccine access
- Vietnam seeks to buy 30 million doses of AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 vaccine from UK
- Vietnam to buy 30 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine from UK