Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc on Monday attended the ground-breaking ceremony of the My Thuan-Can Tho expressway in Thuan An Commune in Binh Minh Town, Vinh Long Province.
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc (4th from right), Permanent Deputy Prime Minister
Truong Hoa Binh (5th from right), and Deputy Prime Minister Trinh Dinh Dung
(6th from right) at the ground-breaking ceremony. Photo: VGP
The 23-kilometer expressway runs from the My Thuan Bridge No. 2 in Vinh Long City’s Tan Hoa Ward to Cha Va intersection connecting to National Highway No.1 in Binh Minh Town’s Thuan An Commune.
The 6-lane expressway, with total investment capital of US$209, allows maximum speed of 100 km/h. It is expected to be put into operation in 2023.
One completed, the project will help shorten travel time from Ho Chi Minh City to Can Tho to two hours from the current 3-4 hours as it is the final section of expressway system connecting the two cities.
Addressing the event, said the Government will start construction of a series of transport projects in the Mekong Delta with a view to improve transport connectivity in the region which is home to 20 million residents.
By: Kim Loan/Online Newspaper of the Government - Viet Nam Government Portal
- PM attends ground-breaking, launch ceremonies of major southern expressways
- Prime Minister opens Trung Luong-My Thuan expressway
- My Thuan- Can Tho expressway project to start work on January 4
- Construction of Mỹ Thuận-Cần Thơ Expressway kicks off
- Expressway lengthened to shorten HCMC – Mekong Delta travel time
- Vietnam starts construction of My Thuan – Can Tho expressway
- Phan Thiet – Dau Giay Expressway Project starts construction
- Work begins on My Thuan-Can Tho expressway
- Phan Thiet – Dau Giay Expressway Project sets to work
- Work begins on VND5 trillion My Thuan 2 Bridge