This comes after import restriction on Vietnamese fruits were lifted back at the AEON December, 2019, when the becoming the first retailer began to sell this fruit to Japanese consumers.
In addition to lychees, plenty of other special Vietnamese agricultural products can be found on shelves, such as mangoes, dragon fruit, and coffee, all of which has been exported and sold in AEON’s supermarkets based in Japan since 2015.
Most notably, the successful export and distribution of Vietnamese agricultural products throughout AEON’s retail system in Japan can be viewed as a result of efforts made by companies under the AEON Group in Vietnam.
AEON has so far fully co-operated with the Vietnamese Ministry of Industry and Trade (MoIT) to organise activities to help Vietnamese suppliers improve the quality of their products, aiming to export to foreign markets, especially Japan.
In total, export revenue of Vietnamese products through the AEON system has enjoyed an upswing in recent years, with nearly US$250 million recorded in 2017 whilst making US$370 million last year. Furthermore, this figure is expected climb to US$450 million for this year.
Elsewhere, AEON Vietnam Co., Ltd. has also launched a broad range of activities aimed at stimulating the consumption of agricultural products among the domestic market and hold trade promotion schemes through its General Merchandise Store & Supermarket system nationwide.
Additionally, AEON Vietnam has been striving to partner with the MoIT and the departments of Industry and Trade of various provinces and cities in order to organise a host of business matching activities, fairs, and exhibitions to boost domestically-made product consumption.
- Vietnamese fresh lychees for sale at 250 supermarkets, malls in Japan
- Vietnamese goods displayed at 40 AEON supermarkets in Japan
- AEON executive officer highly appreciates Vietnamese “thieu” lychees
- Hanoi Agriculture Fair to boost sales of Vietnamese products in AEON network
- Vietnam turns to retail channels to penetrate Japan market
- AEON executive officer hopes for more Vietnamese lychee exports
- AEON executive officer hopes for more Vietnam’s thieu lychee exports
- Made-in-Vietnam goods promoted in Japan’s top largest supermarket chain
- Vietnamese lychees sold out in Japan despite high price