Map of My Thuan- Can Tho expressway project (Source: Transport Engineering Construction and Quality Management Bureau)
The 23-kilometer expressway is designed to run from the My Thuan Bridge 2 in Vinh Long City’s Tan Hoa Ward to Cha Va intersection connecting to National Highway No.1 in Binh Minh Town’s Thuan An Commune. Of which, 12. 5 kilometer- expressway will travel through Vinh Long Province and the rest 10.5-kilometer section will spread through the Mekong Delta province of Dong Thap.
The project has a total investment of VND4,826 billion (US$209 million) from disbursement of public investment capital invested by the Ministry of Transport under the management of Cuu Long Corporation for Investment, Development and Project Management of Infrastructure.
Vehicles will be allowed to travel at a maximum speed of 100 kilometers per hour. In the first phase, My Thuan- Can Tho expressway will have four lanes allowing speed up to 80 kilometers an hour. It is expected to be completed in 2022 and then come to exploitation one year later.
By Quoc An- Translated by Huyen Huong
- Phan Thiet – Dau Giay Expressway Project starts construction
- Phan Thiet – Dau Giay Expressway Project sets to work
- Agriculture sector targets US$62 billion in export revenue by 2030
- Work begins on VND5 trillion My Thuan 2 Bridge
- Mekong Delta provinces speed up transport infrastructure projects
- $777 mln expressway proposed from southern province to Central Highlands
- Ministry approves HCM City-Long Thanh expressway expansion
- Trung Luong- My Thuan Expressway put into experimental operation
- Covid-19 could cost HCMC's tourism sector VND56 trillion in 2020
- PM Phuc approves new plan of Dong Dang – Tra Linh Expressway Project