In his New Year broadcast message, Johnson said, “This is an amazing moment for this country. We have our freedom in our hands and it is up to us to make the most of it.”
He said there are hopes in the current crisis, such as the development of COVID-19 vaccines by companies from the UK and other countries.
The UK has now completely separated from the EU, after a transition period lasting 11 months since the withdrawal agreement took effect and more than 4 years after British voters chose to leave the EU.
- UK ready to leave EU on “Australian terms”
- Europe sues Britain over breaching Brexit withdrawal deal
- Stop being so rash Boris
- World breaking news today October 20 Boris Johnson plans to resign as he can t survive on 150k salary
- World breaking news today (October 20): Boris Johnson plans to resign as he “can’t survive on £150k salary”
- World breaking news today November 1 Boris Johnson puts U K on coronavirus lockdown