Earth Photo, an international competition and exhibition created by Forestry England and the Royal Geographical Society (with the Institute of British Geographers) rewards photographs and videos that document the natural world, its breath-taking beauty, and its ever-growing fragility. Earth Photo 2020 attracts more than 2,600 entries in the categories of Place, Changing Forest, Nature, People, Climate Change, and Video.
The photo “Red Net Mending” by Vietnamese photographer Ly Hoang Long is selected for the final round and exhibition. Freelance photographer Ly Hoang Long’s favorite topic is traditional cultural activities. The above photo shows a family of fishermen in Ninh Thuan province knitting nets in preparation for their next sailing trip. Ly Hoang Long has won more than 200 domestic and foreign awards in photography since 1999.
Dryland Farming by photographer Sun Yi wins the prize in the Nature category. Photo is taken from an altitude of nearly 915 m in Aragon, Spain. Aragon is the origin of Ebro – the largest river in terms of flow and Aneto – the highest mountain in Spain. Photo: Earth Photo
The picture that ranked number one in the category of People is photo named “Miss”. Yanrong Guo takes a photo of a man smoking in the Di Liangshan Autonomous Region, Sichuan, China. The jury of the competition commented, “This is an evocative and beautiful portrait, where the palette of colors is almost painterly.
Photo: Earth Photo
In the category of Changing Forest, Charles Xelot’s Dead Tree wins. The photo features a solitary tree with a dry trunk even though it had gone through a wildfire two years ago. Photo: Earth Photo
- Photo of Vietnam tea hills shortlisted in international contest
- Photo of northern Vietnam tea hills shortlisted in international contest
- Northern hill tea photo shortlisted for award
- Vietnamese photographer wins international photo contest
- Miss Earth 2020 : Chinese candidate wears outfit resembling Vietnamese “ao dai” in talent competition
- Vietnamese photographer wins place in 50 best photos of #Green2020
- Highflying Vietnam snapshots honored at int’l aerial photo contest