By Trung Chanh
CAN THO – All eight people in close contact with a female Covid-19 patient from Dong Thap Province have tested negative for the disease once, according to the provincial portal.
On December 29, Dong Thap Vice Chairman Doan Tan Buu, deputy head of the provincial steering committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control, directed the competent agencies to trace those in direct and indirect contact with the patient, who had illegally entered Dong Thap’s Lai Vung District from Cambodia.
As a result, it was determined that eight people had direct contact with the patient and 118 others had indirect contact with her.
Buu also asked the provincial police to coordinate with the relevant agencies to investigate and propose heavy punishments against those illegally entering the country and spreading the disease there.
The steering committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control of Lai Vung District must keep those in close contact with the patient under quarantine at the medical center of Hong Ngu District and those in indirect contact with the case at home.
It must be responsible for disinfecting the areas the patient has visited and suspending big gatherings in Lai Vung District.
In related news, a young man, who illegally entered Vietnam from Cambodia by motorcycle on December 27, also tested negative for the coronavirus once.
The man, born in 2001, went to work in Cambodia two weeks ago. When returning to his house in My Hoa Commune of Dong Thap’s Thap Muoi District, he met his parents and other relatives.
He is being placed under quarantine at the medical center of Hong Ngu District.
- HCMC man linked to 1,440th Covid-19 patient tests positive
- Dong Thap takes urgent anti-pandemic measures as new case found
- HCMC health sector tracks down man illegally entering Vietnam with patient 1,451
- Many cases under quarantine in localities
- Woman illegally entering Vietnam tests positive for novel coronavirus
- Driver carrying COVID-19 Patient 1,440 tests negative for SARS-CoV-2
- A man in HCMC, the fourth member of the group illegal entering Vietnam tested positive for the coronavirus.
- Another person tested positive for the Covid-19 virus after illegally entering Vietnam
- Man illegally entering Vietnam contracts Covid-19