Vietnam continues to bring home hundreds of people from different parts of the worlds in recent days as coronavirus infections and deaths keep going up worldwide, including Singapore, one of the coronavirus hotspots in Southeast Asia.
On June 27, more than 300 Vietnamese citizens arrived in the home country from Singapore. Earlier on May 31, more than 340 were brought home from Singapore where coronavirus infections have surpassed 43,000.
Passengers on the priority list were children under 18, the elderly, the sick, laborers with expired working contracts, students with dormitories closed, and others of special cases, according to Vietnam’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
After landing in the southern city of Can Tho, all passengers have been quarantined in government-run centers.
On June 25, a group of more than 130 people from Malaysia (more than 40), Nigeria and Cameroon (90) were repatriated on a flight operated by Ethiopian Airlines and Vietnam Airlines.
The returnees, mainly stranded laborers, were quarantined in the southern metropolis of Ho Chi Minh City.
On June 19, national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines brought 309 people from Angola to Van Don International Airport in the northern province of Quang Ninh.
On way from Hanoi to Angola, Vietnam Airlines transported personal protective equipment (PPE), face masks, and hand sanitizer for the Embassy of Vietnam in Angola.
So far, Vietnam has repatriated more than 10,000 citizens from abroad.
As of June 28, Vietnam has confirmed 355 infected cases and zero deaths, without infection in the community for 73 days running.
- Vietnam brings home 1,500 citizens past week
- Repatriation goes on: 685 Vietnamese citizens brought home on June 24
- More than 300 Vietnamese repatriated from Singapore due to COVID-19
- 225 Vietnamese citizens brought home from Japan
- 280 Vietnamese citizens return home from Australia
- 310 Vietnamese citizens return from Malaysia
- 290 Vietnamese citizens flown home from Malaysia
- Over 130 Vietnamese citizens return from Africa and Malaysia
- Over 350 Vietnamese people return home from Australia, New Zealand
- Around 350 Vietnamese citizens from Australia and New Zealand repatriated home