Mount Fansipan would see snow at New Year as the temperature drops to below zero degrees centigrade.
According to Lao Cai Province’s Centre for Hydro-meteorological Forecasting, a strong cold snap would hit the northern region of Vietnam from Tuesday evening. The weather would then affect central localities.
Mount Fansipan would see snow at New Year
The province is likely to have the highest temperature of 9-10 degrees centigrade. The temperature in Sapa would drop to 0-2 degrees centigrade.
This would be the strongest cold front in Sapa since the onset of winter this year, said Luu Minh Hai, Lao Cai Province’s Centre for Hydro-meteorological Forecasting.
Snow also recently blanketed Mount Fansipan.
The temperature of Lao Cai between October and March next year is predicted to be equal to that of many previous years. Meanwhile, it was around 0.5-1 degree centigrade lower in November and December this year and February next year.
- Snow blankets Mount Fansipan
- Sapa experiences strong cold weather
- Northern region to experience another bone-chilling cold weather
- Northern region to face another cold spell
- Snow forecasted to blanket Sapa this winter
- Fansipan mountain blanketed in snow as cold spell hits northern, central regions
- Sapa weather forecast: Temperatures to plummet in cold snap very soon
- Fansipan covered in blanket of snow
- Tourists rush to Fansipan to see snow