The other two members of the Vietnam Airlines Group, Jetstar Pacific and Vietnam Air Services Company (VASCO), also confirmed they have not employed Pakistani pilots to conduct flights in the recent past.
The move comes after the Ministry of Transport requested all Vietnamese airlines to review and ground all Pakistani pilots following alleged ‘fake’ license scandal in Pakistan.
According to Pakistani media, Pakistani aviation authorities suspected as many as 262 out of 860 Pakistani pilots had used ‘fake’ licenses. These pilots were alleged to hire others to take exams for them in order to get the license, an accusation that followed a probe into last month’s crash that killed 97 people in Karachi.
The Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam (CAAV) said it has decided to temporarily suspend 27 Pakistani pilots working in Vietnam, pending the results of investigations from the Pakistani side.
Vietnam Airlines Group always gives top priority to safety and the pilot always plays a decisive role in ensuring absolute safety for all flights, Vietnam Airlines said.
Vietnam Airlines has invested and put into operation its Flight Training Center (FTC) since 1998 and the Viet Flight Training School since 2009.
The national flag carrier is also a pioneer airline in Vietnam investing in the construction of a flight simulator cockpit complex to train, test and maintain the pilot’s capability to ensure 100% of Vietnamese and foreign pilots meet flight safety standards.
The same day, Vietjet Air confirmed that no Pakistani pilots or flight attendants who were certified in Pakistan are working for the airline.
- Vietnam suspends Pakistani pilots over alleged ‘fake’ license scandal
- Vietnam confirms 12 Pakistani pilots ‘are working’ for local airlines
- Vietnam suspends Pakistani pilots over fake license concerns
- 12 out of suspended Pakistani pilots in Vietnam flying for Vietjet, Jetstar Pacific
- Bamboo Airways affirms no employment of Pakistani pilots
- CAAV suspends 27 Pakistani pilots working in Vietnam
- Vietnam suspends Pakistani pilots over fake licenses
- No Pakistani pilots work for Vietnam Airlines, Bamboo Airways
- Vietnam suspended 20 Pakistani pilots over fake licenses