A particularly clear impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on foreign investment this year is reflected, the report of the MPI stated. However, noticeably, the realized investment capital of FDI projects this year merely decreased slightly compared to that in 2019. By December 20, the disbursement of FDI capital was estimated at US$19.98 billion, accounting for 98 percent of that in the same period last year.
Regarding the situation of registered capital, in 2020, there were 2,523 newly-licensed projects, with registered capital of $14.6 billion, down 35 percent in the volume of projects and 12.5 percent in the value of registered capital compared to the previous year; 1,140 times of projects licensed in previous years registered to adjust investment capital, with an additional capital of $6.4 billion, an increase of 10.6 percent.
By Anh Phuong – Translated by Gia Bao
- Vietnamese overseas investment increases 6.9 percent
- Foreign investment capital thrives in June
- Report on foreign direct investment in the eight months of 2020
- Disbursement of public investment up 34.4 pct in 10 months
- Vinh Phuc Attracts 21 Projects in Jan - Sep
- Vietnam has attracted US$28.5 billion in FDI this year
- HCMC’s economy still has bright spots amid difficulties in 2020
- Domestic investment capital into HCMC-based EPZs, IPs increases heavily
- Number of new firms up 36 percent in May
- Ten-month FDI attraction of Vietnam reaches over US$23 billion