Snow has covered Mount Fansipan in the northern mountainous province of Lao Cai following a sharp temperature drop.
Frost and snow have made Mount Fansipan look like a European winter.
This is the third time Mountain Fansipan has seen such snow this year.
Engineer Luu Minh Hai, director of Lao Cai Province’s Centre for Hydro-meteorological Forecasting, said that snow is a special product of Sapa to attract tourists, but badly affects local people’s lives.
People are warned to wear warm clothes in the snowy weather, particularly the elderly and children.
The temperature of Lao Cai between October and March next year is predicted to be equal to that of many previous years. Meanwhile, it was around 0.5-1 degree centigrade lower in November and December this year and February next year.
The province would see 8-9 strong cold snaps in this year’s winter.
- Snow forecasted to hit Mount Fansipan
- Tourists rush to Fansipan to see snow
- Snow forecasted to blanket Sapa this winter
- Fansipan covered in blanket of snow
- Fansipan mountain blanketed in snow as cold spell hits northern, central regions
- Visitors flock to Fansipan to admire the dense snowfall like Europe
- Lao Cai commune covered in white snow
- A different Fansipan after 2 days of snow
- Sapa experiences strong cold weather