The benchmark VN-Index on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange gained 0.55 per cent to end morning session at 1,073.34 points. — Photo cafef.vn
Shares had a good start on Monday morning, boosted by gains in securities stocks.
The benchmark VN-Index on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange gained 0.55 per cent to end morning session at 1,073.34 points.
Nearly 454.6 million shares were traded on the southern bourse, worth VND8.9 trillion (US$382.9 million).
The large-cap tracker VN30-Index was up 0.69 per cent to 1,043.81 points.
Fif-teen of the 30 large-cap stocks in the VN30 basket increased while seven declined.
Securities stocks maintained their gains until the end of the morning session, strongly supporting the indices. The best performers in the group included SSI Securities Incorporation (SSI), Viet Capital Securities Joint Stock Company (VCI), VNDirect Securities (VND).
On the Ha Noi Stock Exchange, the HNX-Index rose 0.51 per cent to 177.93 points.
More than 85.8 million shares were traded on the northern market, worth VNĐ1.1 trillion.
The afternoon trading session starts at 1pm. — VNS
- Shares gain on energy stocks
- Bank stocks push share up
- Shares rise on the growth of bank stocks
- Brokerage, material stocks boost market
- VN stocks increase as retail, banking and brokerage industries up
- Shares advance on strong demand
- Shares reach one-year peak on banking stocks
- VN-Index slides as selling pressure increases
- Shares move up as investors hunt mid, small-cap shares
- Shares rise on financial-banking stocks