Besides the 3 winning photos, other photos that capture daily moments in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic were also shown, such as citizens spraying disinfectant in Hoi street, washing hands… or impressive moments during repatriation flights carrying Vietnamese citizens abroad back home.
After being shown on Times Square, the photos from the “Resilient Vietnam” contest were broadcast on Bloomberg.
It is known that the “Resilient Vietnam” contest was launched by the Vietnam Public Relations Network (VNPR) in August 2020 with the purpose of spreading impressive images of the resilient Vietnamese people in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic. The contest not only highlighted the art of photography but utilized photography as a method to vividly tell stories of respectable Vietnam in the fight against the pandemic. The competition was open to everyone – whether professional or amateur. It was held with 2 categories of awards: Photos taken by professional camera and Photos taken by cellphones.
Luu Trong Dat work of “Sleep tight baby, I’m here” won first prize in the professional photograph category. The photo was taken on June 19, 2020, at 20:49 at the place to welcome citizens returning from abroad to perform isolation and monitoring of COVID-19 under the 814 Regiment – Military Command of Hoa Binh Province, where the few-month-old baby slept safe and sound on its mother’ shoulders and in the embrace of doctors, even though COVID dangers were lurking around.
- Vietnamese photographer wins place in 50 best photos of #Green2020
- Online photo contest launched to promote Ho Chi Minh City tourism
- Dynamic Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City in impressive photos
- Photo exhibition features Vietnam’s fight against COVID-19
- Highflying Vietnam snapshots honored at int’l aerial photo contest
- Award-winning photos depict allure of Vietnam’s south central region and central highlands