The week-long event will see personnel chosen not only for the Committee, the Party’s most powerful body, but also the Politburo, the main decision-making body of the Party.
The plenum will hear a Politburo report on the members in contention, and Committee members will then discuss and cast their votes.
Party chief Nguyen Phu Trong, who is also the president, said in his opening remark, “Preparedness to choose the new personnel of the Politburo and 13th Party Central Committee is crucial and has a direct bearing on the success of the 13th National Congress of the Communist Party and the development of the nation.”
He said each member of the committee should “carefully consider and put the benefits of the Party, the nation and the people first” when casting their votes.
The plenum will also review and provide feedback on documents to be submitted to the National Congress to be held in January.
They include a review of the outgoing Central Committee and Politburo.
- Party Central Committee convenes 14th Plenum
- Party Central Committee’s 15th plenum focuses on personnel work
- Vietnam Communist Party holds plenum to prepare personnel for 2021 Congress
- VGP News Party Central Committee passes key personnel lists Party Central Committee passes key personnel lists
- Party Central Committee’s 15th plenum ends earlier than expected
- Party Central Committee plenum completes preparation for 13th Congress
- 13th Party Congress mulls over documents
- Party Central Committee convenes 13th plenum
- The 13th National Party Congress to finish early