The Saigon Times
HCMC – Phan Ngoc Linh, head of the Vietnam Airlines flight crew team, has been suspended for 15 days from December 1 pending a further investigation into his involvement in the local coronavirus transmission related to the 1,342nd patient, a flight attendant of the carrier.
The Vietnam Airlines board of directors also decided to suspend Duong Quan Nhan, deputy head of the team and head of the southern management board of accommodation and quarantine facilities, from his posts for the same period.
The suspension was considered as a lesson for all organizations and individuals who fail to comply with Covid-19 infection prevention and control regulations, Minister and Chairman of the Government Office Mai Tien Dung told a Government meeting on December 2.
Causing community coronavirus transmission is a serious offence, which has affected the community and destroyed the country’s 90-day achievement of bringing the disease under control, noted Deputy Minister of Transport Nguyen Ngoc Dong.
In addition, Vietnam Airlines has made a decision temporarily suspending D.T.H., the 1,342nd patient, who was said to be involved in the local transmission, to consider dismissing him over his violations in quarantine regulations.
The suspension will be from December 2 to 31, the local media reported.
The 1,342nd Covid-19 patient seriously violated regulations during his quarantine period at the airline’s quarantine center and at home, causing community spread in the city after it went nearly three months without any locally transmitted case, Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long said at the Government meeting.
On November 21, he left his residence on Bach Dang Street, Ward 2, Tan Binh District, to have lunch at a food stall on Le Van Sy Street, Phu Nhuan District. On November 22, he attended class at the HCMC University of Technology in Binh Thanh District.
During his self-isolation period, he had close contact with three people at his home, one of whom later emerged as the 1,347th case. Up to now, two persons have contracted Covid-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, from the 1,347th patient, a teacher of English in HCMC.
On December 2, Vietnam Airlines issued an apology as its flight attendant failed to follow the quarantine regulations.
- Trial for former Minister of Industry and Trade to reopen on Jan 18
- Vietnam Airlines flight attendant sentenced for spreading Covid-19
- Typhoon Goni poses threat to central Vietnam
- Do not consider HCMC a Covid-19 outbreak: PM
- Vietnam confirms two more cases of Covid-19 community transmission, all linked to Vietnam Airlines flight attendant
- Vietnam Airlines brings home close to 350 Vietnamese citizens from Australia
- Vietnam Airlines resumes the first int’l commercial flight entering Vietnam
- Vietnam Airlines flight attendant to stand trial for spreading COVID-19
- Bamboo Airways, Vietjet, Pacific Airlines suspend all regular flights