National Assembly Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan, as Chair the 41st AIPA, applauded ASEAN’s joint efforts in addressing unprecedented challenges, voiced her support for implementing ASEAN initiatives, and pledged continued support for ASEAN governments in epidemic response.
She called for further cooperation between ASEAN and AIPA and made 3 recommendations, saying “Regarding politics – security, AIPA continues to strengthen cooperation to ensure transparency, openness, a law-based approach and emphasize ASEAN’s centrality. The AIPA Parliaments value peace, stability, security, safety and freedom of navigation and overflight in the East Sea, as well as promotes the building of trust and preventive measures to increase trust among parties. We stress the need for self-restraint, not taking actions that may complicate the situation; persisting in resolving disputes through peaceful measures in accordance with international law including the 1982 UN Convention the Law of the Sea. We call for strengthening substantive cooperation between AIPA and ASEAN, promoting partnerships in regional connectivity, building the capacity of ASEAN countries to deal with non-traditional security issues.”
For a more inclusive and resilient ASEAN Economic Community, AIPA Parliaments are committed to promoting the ratification of regional agreements and cooperation to develop the circulating economy, renewable energy, innovation and proactively adapt to Industry 4.0.
In socio-cultural terms, AIPA encourages the enhanced role of women, children and the elderly in implementing socio-economic development policies, welcoming ASEAN’s efforts in gender equality and women’s empowerment.
AIPA calls on ASEAN member countries to further the spirit of friendship, cooperation, responsibility, and respect for diversity in ASEAN, while developing sustainable tourism.
- Second meeting of National Steering Committee and Organising Committee for AIPA 41 held
- Role of young parliamentarians highlighted within AIPA 41’s framework
- AIPA 41: Parliamentary diplomacy for cohesive, responsive ASEAN Community
- NA Vice Chairwoman meets diplomats of ASEAN countries, AIPA observers
- PM, NA leader attend ASEAN Leaders’ Interface with Representatives of AIPA
- Vietnam works to promote role of AIPA
- Important issues on table during AIPA 41’s second working day
- Vietnam supports ASEAN’s centrality: President
- AIPA cooperation crucial in mitigating COVID-19’s impact on society
- Vietnam receives international acclaim for hosting of AIPA-41