The Saigon Times
HCMC – A fire broke out at a wood workshop in Thach That District, Hanoi City, and then spread to nine adjacent wood workshops this morning, December 1, gutting an area of some 1,000 square meters.
The fire began at a 200-square-meter wood workshop at No. 50, Uy Ban Street, Huu Bang Commune, at around 10:30 a.m., Tuoi Tre Online reported. Strong winds led to the fire quickly spreading to nearby workshops, built from bricks and with metal roofs.
“The fire started from the backend of my wood workshop. In just 30 minutes, the fire engulfed the entire workshop and spread to the surrounding area. Most wooden products inside the workshop were burned into ashes,” Phan Thanh Cong, 28, owner of the workshop, said.
The local authorities had to send four fire trucks and dozens of firefighters to the scene. Many locals also joined hands to put out the fire and helped the owners of the wood workshops carry their stuff out. The fire was not extinguished until 11:40 a.m.
No fatalities were reported. Some of the wood workshops were destroyed, while the others were partially damaged. The police are investigating the cause of the fire.
- Three killed in production workshop fire in Bac Ninh
- Fire breaks out at four warehouses in Binh Chanh
- One dies and one injured in hotel fire
- House fire kills eight in HCMC’s District 11
- Central provinces make efforts in forest fire prevention
- Fierce fire rages at chemical firm in Dong Nai
- Fire caused by incense burning destroys four houses in An Giang
- Fire engulfs houses in HCM City
- Baby shop fire kills four in Hanoi