“Patient 1342” is a 28-year-old resident of Ho Chi Minh City. He landed at Can Tho Airport in the southern city of Can Tho on Vietnam Airlines flight VN5301 on November 14 and was quarantined upon arrival in HCMC.
His test result on Saturday showed he was positive for the novel coronavirus. The patient is being treated at HCMCs Cu Chi field hospital.
A medical worker prepares to wear a face screen before handling Covid-19 test samples in Quang Tri Province, central Vietnam, August 5, 2020. Photo by VnExpress/Hoang Tao.
“Patient 1343” is a 33-year-old man from the northern city of Haiphong. He landed at Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi on Vietjet Air flight VJ7837 on November 27 and was quarantined upon arrival in central Thanh Hoa Province.
His test result on Sunday showed he was positive for the virus. He is now under treatment at National Hospital for Tropical Diseases 2 in Hanoi.
Vietnam now has 1,343 Covid-19 cases, with 35 deaths so far. Three others died after they had been confirmed Covid-19 free, and thus were not counted in either the recoveries or the deaths.
Among the 126 active cases, six, seven and 12 have tested negative for the virus once, twice and three times, respectively.
The country has gone 87 days without community transmissions while the pandemic situation in many European countries and the U.S. have turned complicated.
The Covid-19 pandemic has hit 218 countries and territories, with more than 62 million people infected and 1.4 million deaths reported.
- Vietnam records eight new Covid-19 imported cases
- Vietnam confirms first domestic Covid-19 case after three months
- Vietnam records 16 new coronavirus cases Sunday night
- Coronavirus updates: Vietnam confirms two new imported cases Monday evening
- Indian expert among two new imported Covid-19 cases in Vietnam
- Japan, Russia returnees Vietnam’s latest imported Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam Covid-19 tally crosses 1,000
- Two one-year-old boys among eight new Covid-19 patients
- Vietnam confirms seven new imported Covid-19 cases
- 16 people from Russia Vietnam’s latest Covid-19 cases