According to Hindustan Times, Delhi’s air quality showed a marginal deterioration but continued to remain in the moderate zone on Saturday morning with the air quality index reading 199 at 7am.
With stubble fires in Punjab and Haryana coming to a close and strong winds, Delhi’s improved drastically on Friday, falling from the severe zone to the moderate zone in just two day.
In fact, the air quality in at least eight stations improved to satisfactory on Friday, a rarity for the city during this time of year.
Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) data shows that Delhi’s overall AQI on Friday was 137, considered to be in the moderate zone. From Wednesday, when the AQI was in the severe category, at 413, it improved to 302 (very poor) on Thursday, according to CPCB recording.
IMD scientist, VK Soni said the air quality is expected to remain between moderate and poor range till November 30, after which it is forecast to deteriorate.
According to Skymet Weather, during the next 24 hours, moderate to heavy rains may occur over Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Extremely heavy rains are also expected at one or two places.
Light to moderate rains are likely over coastal Andhra Pradesh. Tamil Nadu, Rayalaseema, Telangana, and southern interior Karnataka may witness light rain activities.
The minimum temperature will drop by 2 to 3 degrees in northwest India as well as parts of central India. Improvement in Delhi pollution will continue.
IMD also forecasted that thunderstorm with lightning is likely to occur at islated places over Kerala and Mahe, Lakshadweep. Besides, squally weather is likely to cover Southwest and adjoining Southeast Bay of Bengal and Gulf of Manner. Fisherman are advised not to venture into these areas.
- India weather forecast latest December 23 Very poor air quality in Delhi and temperatures to drop further
- India weather forecast latest November 25 Temperatures rise as air quality in Delhi worsens
- India weather forecast latest December 13 Minimum temperature to fall again after a western disturbance
- India weather forecast latest November 16 Rain sets to improve the Air Quality Index
- India weather forecast latest November 17 Scattered light to moderate rains set to cover interior of some areas
- India weather forecast latest December 30 A cold wave with dense fog set to blanket as temperatures fall
- India weather forecast latest December 26 A cold wave persits in Northwestern areas with very poor air quality
- India weather forecast latest November 18 Winter chill to set in with a fall in minimum temperature
- India weather forecast latest December 31 Many parts of northwest areas reach the freezing point