Two Vietnamese people who recently returned to Vietnam have tested positive for SARS-CoV-2, raising the total number of Covid-19 patients in the country to 1,341, the Ministry of Health announced on Saturday evening.
According to the ministry’s report, one of the two new patients is a 23-year-old man who returned from Japan on November 13 at Cam Ranh Airport in Khanh Hoa Province.He was sent to a local quarantine area upon arrival and tested positive forSARS-CoV-2 in his second viral testing on November 27.
The patient is now being treated at the Khanh Hoa Provincial for Tropical Diseases.
The other patient is a 20-year-old woman who returned from Russia on November 24 at Cam Ranh International Airport.
She was sent to a local quarantine area upon arrival and tested positive forSARS-CoV-2 in her first viral testing on November 27.
The patient is also being treated at the Khanh Hoa Provincial for Tropical Diseases.
Earlier, four other people who boarded this flight had been infected with coronavirus and are now being treated in Khanh Hoa Province.
With these new infection cases, the number of imported Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 650.
As of 6 pm on November 28, a total of 1,179 Covid-19 patients had recovered and been discharged from hospital. There have been 35 deaths, most of them being the elderly with serious underlying diseases.
The country has gone 86 days without reporting any new case in the community.
At present, nearly 16,000 people who had close contact with Covid-19 patients or returned from virus-hit areas are being monitored at hospitals, quarantine facilities, and at home.
- Two more imported Covid-19 patients confirmed on Monday
- Three more imported Covid-19 patients confirmed on October 31
- Vietnam records five more imported Covid-19 patients on Monday
- One new imported Covid-19 patient confirmed on Saturday morning
- Vietnam records nine new imported Covid-19 patients on first New Year’s Day
- Vietnam confirms 12 more imported Covid-19 patients, total reaches 1300
- Vietnam reports seven imported Covid-19 cases on Wednesday
- Vietnam records 12 new imported Covid-19 patients, total rises to 1192
- Five more returnees from Russia test positive for SARS-CoV-2, total rises to 1,288
- Two new imported Covid-19 patients confirmed on Friday evening, total rises to 1,212