Vietnamese Minister of National Defense Ngo Xuan Lich extended congratulations to India on its election as a non-permanent member of the United Nations Security Council for tenure 2021-2022, during his phone talks with his Indian counterpart Rajnath Singh on Friday.
Minister of National Defense Ngo Xuan Lich (center) holds phone talks with
Indian counterpart Rajnath Singh on November 27, 2020. Photo: VGP
Along with India, Ireland, Mexico and Norway also won the Security Council elections held on Wednesday.
The two ministers held that the Viet Nam-India comprehensive strategic partnership has been ceaselessly consolidated and enhanced, bringing practical benefits to both sides and making important contributions to the maintenance of peace, stability and development in the region and the world.
They briefed each other on their respective countries’ recent outcomes of the Covid-19 fight and spoke highly of the sides’ efforts in implementing the contents of bilateral defense cooperation so far this year.
Lich expressed thanks for India’s support for and coordination with Viet Nam as the Chair of ASEAN in 2020 and UNSC non-permanent member in 2020-2021, particularly within the framework of the ASEAN Defense Ministers’ Meeting Plus (ADMM+).
He invited Rajnath Singh to attend the ADMM+ and a ceremony marking the 10th anniversary of the founding of ADMM+ mechanism scheduled to be held digitally in December, and visit Viet Nam once the Covid-19 pandemic is contained.
After the talks, the two ministers witnessed the signing of an agreement on cooperation in hydrography./.
Follow us on Facebook page @VNGov
By: Quang Minh/Online Newspaper of the Government - Viet Nam Government Portal
- Vietnamese, Indian defense ministers hold talks
- Top leader holds phone talks with Chinese counterpart
- Viet Nam, India hold 17th Joint Commission’s Meeting
- PM Phuc holds phone talks with Malaysian counterpart
- China, COVID-19 top agenda of India-US 2+2 talks
- PM highlights significant role, contributions of ADMM-Plus
- Vietnamese, US defence officials hold phone talks
- India warship visits Vietnam
- Vietnam, India unveil joint vision amid shared interest in Indo-Pacific