The three day “Tourism festival – Lantern night in Ninh Kieu, Can Tho” will include a flower garland contest, a light show and lantern release on the river, folk games, live traditional music, and booths that sell artisan crafts.
Duong Tan Hien, Vice Chairman of Can Tho city People’s Committee, said, “I consider the festival a success. A large number of people gathered at the opening night of this widely anticipated event, causing traffic congestion in many streets. It’s expected receive more visitors in the following days, which helps to promote domestic tourism.”
Can Tho, considered the heart of Mekong Delta – Vietnam’s rice basket, is well-known for its Cai Rang floating market, Ninh Kieu Wharf, picturesque rural canals, and abundant fruit gardens.
- Can Tho to host flower garland, lantern festival
- Can Tho tourism festival 2020 draws large crowds
- Can Tho city to host tourism festival this month
- Tourism Festival 2020 to open in Cần Thơ
- Lantern festival held at iconic pagoda to celebrate Hanoi Liberation Day
- TBA celebrates Thai lantern festival in HCMC
- Ninh Kiêu wharf, a place steeped in history
- Tran Quoc pagoda hosts lantern festival to celebrate 66th Hanoi Liberation Day
- Ho Chi Minh City: the street of sumptuous lanterns before the Mid-Autumn Festival
- Cham ethnic people in Ninh Thuan joyfully celebrate Kate Festival