Dantri/DTiNews has built a new house for a woman and her small grandson in Bac Lieu Province thanks to readers’ donations.
Nguyen Thi Tao receives new house from readers’ donation.
60-year-old Nguyen Thi Tao and her 4-year-old grandson live in a dilapidated house in Hung Thanh Commune, Vinh Loi District. Tao doesn’t have any farmland or any stable income. Tao’s husband died long ago and her daughter left home and never returned, leaving behind a small grandchild.
Their daily meals mostly consist of rice with some fish. “We are able to have food thanks to kind neighbours,” she said. “Some people were sympathetic and gave us some money. I fear this house may collapse at any time.”
After their story was published, people donated VND110,569,193 (USD4,700) to help them build a new house. Tao said she also received VND50m directly from many kind people who also gave them food and clothes.
Tao and her grandchild at the new house
The local authorities of Hung Thanh Commune then helped to build the new house. The rest of the money will be deposited for daily living expenses. Tu Minh Phuc, chairman of Vinh Loi District People’s Committee, thanked all readers for helping disadvantaged cases in their area.
The house was completed on November 26 and transferred to Tao by the representatives of Dantri, Red Cross Organisation in Vinh Loi and Vinh Loi authorities. The house costs over VND140m (USD6,000) with a living room, a bedroom, a kitchen and a toilet.
Tao was moved when she saw the house and said that her dreamt had come true. She also thanked everyone that helped them.
- Readers donate to help orphan girl
- Blind man gets help from readers to raise children
- Readers donate to cerebral palsy children
- Quang Ngai man receives VND20m after home was destroyed in storm
- Dantri readers donate to help terminally-ill nurse
- Dantri readers support ill teacher with VND207m
- Ill husband receives help from readers
- Grandmother struggles to support small grandchildren
- Grandmother calls for help for grandson