Major sales promotion programs of the year such as the Hanoi Midnight Sale and Black Friday put Hanoi through a sleepless night, as people were trying to look for bargain deals.
In response to the Hanoi Midnight Sale initiated by the municipal Department of Industry and Trade, starting from 5.00 p.m (local time) on November 27, around 200 shopping malls and supermarkets in Hanoi started their sales promotion with steep discounts of up to 70%.
Notably, during the Hanoi Midnight Sale, as the clock was ticking towards midnight, the steeper the discount will be. As such, from 5.00–7.00 p.m: the minimum discount offered was 30%; discounts of least 50% from 7.00–10.00 p.m; a minimum 60% discount from 10.00 p.m–12.00 a.m; and from 12.00 a.m–2.00 a.m on November 28, the discount was set at 60 – 100%.
Shopping malls and supermarkets registered to join the Hanoi Midnight Sale were instructed to sell different types of products at each time frame to avoid large crowd, in which foodstuffs were offered from 5.00 – 7.00 p.m.
The municipal Department of Industry and Trade expected sales promotion events would meet the needs of locals and tourists, as well as help enterprises overcome a difficult period caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Hanoi Midnight Sale event to provide customers with special discounts
- HCM City shopping malls offer deep Black Friday discounts
- Discount up to 90% on Black Friday Week in HCM City
- Shoppers anticipate great bargain in Hanoi’s upcomign Black Friday 2020 event
- Buyers queue at midnight for iPhone 12
- The strangest rolled goods in Hanoi: no signboards, only open for sale at midnight
- Black Friday a damp squib at Hanoi malls
- Hanoi launches promotional month and Cash-Free Day 2020
- Hanoi Promotion Month gets shoppers in a festive frenzy
- Product quality focus during Hà Nội promotion month