Gamuda Land and Heartbeat Vietnam of the VinaCapital Foundation is holding the annual charity-run event called “Run For The Heart” from November 26 through January 7, 2021.
This is the eighth consecutive time the event has been held to raise funds for children with congenital heart defects. This year, the event will be organised in a new form with a variety of interesting activities.
According to the organisers, the “race track” for the Run for the Heart 2020 will be held entirely in cyberspace to prevent the risk of a COVID-19 outbreak in the community.
The organisers have partnered with Vietrace365, one of the most popular online virtual race platforms in the running community in Viet Nam, to offer “the race courses” nationwide.
Racers just need to access and register through the link at vietrace365.vn/races/race-detail/chay-vi-trai-tim-2020.
To join, a racer must register and pay an entry fee of VND150,000 (US$6.4), which will be donated to help children with heart diseases.
The participant can run at any time, and record the activity on a mobile app, with the results updated automatically. After completing a minimum of 30km, the participant receives one sport T-shirt and a medal.
The event is open for donations until January 7, 2021.
With the message “Heart to Heart – Raise Lives”, Run For The Heart is a charity-run programme organised by Gamuda Land and Heartbeat Vietnam annually to raise funds for children who need heart surgeries. Its aim is to give them a normal, healthy life and a bright future.
Since 2013, the programme has raised over VND32 billion (US1.3 million) to help more than 1,200 children receive free heart surgeries. — VNS
- TECHCOMBANK IRONMAN 70.3 Việt Nam rescheduled for 2021
- 8,000 children receive free heart surgery
- Vietnam records outstanding achievements in paediatric heart surgery
- VnExpress announces second virtual race
- Annual VnExpress Marathon Quy Nhơn returns next month
- Relay race raises funds for workers affected by COVID-19
- TECHCOMBANK IRONMAN 70.3 Việt Nam 2021 opens registration
- F1 Vietnam cancelled due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Relay race “Rise with Vietnam” raises funds for those affected by COVID-19
- More young Vietnamese people contract heart problems