During their online meeting on Friday, both ministers agreed to increase bilateral exchanges and cooperation in military medicine, UN’s peace keeping mission, defense industry, and human resources development.
Minister Lich thanked India for its support and coordination with Vietnam as an ASEAN Chair for 2020 and a non-permanent member of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) for the 2020-2021 term, as well as India’s participation in the ASEAN Defense Ministers’ Meeting-Plus (ADMM+).
After their meeting, the two ministers witnessed the signing of a cooperative agreement for hydrography.
- Viet Nam congratulates India on UNSC seat
- PM highlights significant role, contributions of ADMM-Plus
- Vietnam to hold first-ever int’l defense expo later this year
- ASEAN-Plus Defense Ministers issue Joint Declaration
- ASEAN maintains high-quality defense cooperation despite COVID: Deputy Defense Minister
- ADMM+ celebrates 10th anniversary
- Covid-19 becomes catalyst for ASEAN defence cooperation: Carl Thayer
- ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting opens
- Viet Nam, India hold 17th Joint Commission’s Meeting
- China, COVID-19 top agenda of India-US 2+2 talks