The 2021-2023 Partnership to Fight AMR in Vietnam between the Vietnamese Ministry of Health’s Medical Service Administration, the British Embassy in Vietnam, and the Representative Office of Glaxo Smith Kline Pte Ltd in Vietnam was signed on the occasion of World Antibiotic Awareness Week.
In the memorandum, the two sides pledged to improve health workers’ ability to correctly prescribe antibiotics for respiratory infections, provide better prevention and treatment, increase access to international quality antibiotics and vaccines, and raise public awareness of the negative consequences of antibiotic resistance and the importance of using antibiotics appropriately.
- UK to help Vietnam fight against antimicrobial resistance
- Vietnam, UK sign agreement to fight antimicrobial resistance
- Vietnam determined to stop overuse, misuse of antibiotics
- Antimicrobial resistance remains high in Vietnam
- “Vietnam Healthy Lung” programme to be expanded for three years
- Health Ministry stamps out diphtheria outbreak in central Vietnam
- Health Ministry’s department, Bayer sign communication programme on stroke prevention
- Vietnam joins with Cambodia in border fight against COVID-19
- June 14: British pilot Covid-19 patient in Vietnam recovers ‘miraculously’