Border guards operating in Kien Giang province and the Kampot Provincial Police signed a Memorandum of Understanding on November 25 to mark co-operation moving into 2021, with a specific focus on novel coronavirus (COVID-19) prevention work in border areas.
Leaders of the two sides sign a Memorandum of Understanding
to mark co-operation moving into 2021.
The MoU will see Kien Giang’s provincial border guards provide a sum of VND70 million to police in Kampot province in order to build barracks and combat the potential spread of the COVID-19 epidemic.
Both sides have promptly inform each other about all ongoing situations relating to activities and the COVID-19 epidemic in border areas, thereby co-operation involves calling on local people to strictly follow the Governments’ direction regarding epidemic prevention and control.
They have moved to strengthen the inspection of border gates, whilst also tightening the management of trails and open crossings, as well as organising quarantine work in line with relevant regulations.
Moving forward, the two sides will continue to intensify patrols and regularly control key areas and trails and provide information relating to COVID-19 to raise awareness about the strict implementation of measures aimed at preventing the spread of COVID-19.
Upon detecting violations in border areas or activities of illegal fishing, both sides must notify the nearest units of each other in order to handle the problem in accordance with international law.
- Provinces tighten border controls after Covid-19 patient illegally entering VN
- Provinces tighten border controls after Covid-19 patient illegally enters VN
- Covid-19 prevention and control in border areas
- Border guards make efforts to prevent illegal immigration for Covid-19 fight
- Vietnam to test imported frozen food at border gates to prevent COVID-19 spread
- VN-China to mark 20th anniversary of signing Land Border Treaty
- Vietnam, China to mark 20 years of land border treaty
- First batch of exports cleared at Kim Thanh border gate on New Year day
- Lang Son strengthens prevention and control of Covid-19 at border gate
- Eight women caught illegally entering Vietnam from Cambodia