Chairman of the Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee Nguyen Thanh Phong, on November 24, presented the city’s insignia to outgoing Republic of Korea (RoK) Consul General Lim Jae Hoon, who came to bid his farewell.
Chairman of the Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee Nguyen Thanh Phong (R)
presents the city’s insignia to outgoing Republic of Korea (RoK)
Consul General Lim Jae Hoon (Photo: VOH)
The award acknowledged the diplomat’s contributions to boosting the relations between Vietnam’s southern economic hub and the RoK.
At the meeting with Lim, Phong praised his efforts in fortifying the multifaceted cooperation between the city and its Korean partners, contributing to the Vietnam – RoK strategic partnership.
The leader said he backs investment projects run by the RoK-based Lotte Group at the local Thu Thiem new urban area and the removal of obstacles facing these projects.
As Vietnam will serve as the coordinator of ASEAN-RoK relations next year, Phong hoped that together with other ASEAN nations, it will help step up future cooperation with the RoK.
- HCMC keens on boosting cooperation with localities of Laos, Hungary
- Vietnam values multifaceted cooperation with the Republic of Korea
- HCM City, RoK’s Daegu look to bolster cooperation
- French Consul General in Hochiminh City visited Saint-Gobain Vietnam’s headquarter office
- HCM City pledges to facilitate operation of foreign businesses
- Ho Chi Minh City proposed that Lotte continue to deploy Thu Thiem Eco Smart City without auction
- PM asks Hai Phong to deal with complaints from tourism firms
- Can Tho city steps up cooperation with UK
- Thu Duc City to Be Established on December 31, 2020