Border guards stationed in Po Y commune of Ngoc Hoi district in Kon Tum province apprehended Ha Van An, a local resident, as he attempted to transport six nylon bags containing six kg of drugs.
Upon being questioned, the 35-year-old man admitted that the contents sealed within the nylon bags were drugs, adding that he had been hired for the purpose of transporting the drugs haul into the country from Laos in exchange for a fee of VND50 million.
At present, the case is under further investigation.
- Nigerian drug trafficker arrested in Tay Ninh
- Smuggler arrested for 250000 pill haul
- Lao health worker caught bringing drugs into Vietnam
- Dismantling of a drug trafficking network run by a foreigner
- 15 arrested as HCMC police seize 100 kg of drugs
- Four drug traffickers from Laos arrested in Thanh Hoa