Three photographers wining highest prizes (Photo: cand.com.vn)
The exhibition is co-organised by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) in Hanoi, the German Embassy in Vietnam, Ngay Nay (Today) Magazine and Toong (Coworking Space series).
Since it’s launch three months ago, the organising board received over 2,000 photos from 256 photographers originating in six countries.
The entries were high-quality photos reflecting the beauty of heritage and cultural landscapes as well as stories about the connection amongst the people and between humanity and nature.
Speaking at the opening ceremony for the exhibition, head of the cultural department Hanoi in the UNESCO Office, Pham Thi Thanh Huong, said that the contest aimed to change public awareness of cultural diversity.
The photos will contribute to creating a rich database that will help UNESCO share the beauty and value of Vietnamese culture to international friends, she added.
For his part, German Ambassador to Vietnam Guido Hildneremphasised that the exhibition was part of a project to preserve Vietnamese cultural heritage launched by the UNESCO, offering an opportunity for Germany to further contribute to the preservation of cultural heritage in the country.
The organising board presented the three highest prizes to photographers Dinh Cong Tam for his work “Ban nghe” (Colleague); Ngo Thi Thu Ba for the photo “Buc hoa ven bien” (Coastal painting); and Phan Vu Trong for his piece “Ecotourism in a mangrove coconut forest”.
The exhibition will run from November 25 to December 2.
- Cultural heritage and tourism festival to feature diverse activities
- Tourism exhibition promoting cultural heritages from across Vietnam held in Hanoi
- Outstanding journalism photos exhibited in Hanoi
- “Hanoi – Hue – Saigon: Tradition and Development” exhibition opens
- Veteran photographer’s exhibition to raise funds for charity
- Photo exhibition raises funds for poor children
- What’s on November 30-December 6 (Daily updated)
- Exhibition on photos, documentary films on ASEAN Community opens in Binh Phuoc
- World Press Photo Exhibition 2020 opens in Hanoi
- World Press Photo Exhibition 2020 opens in Hà Nội