Of 1,930 applications for tax refunds in October, HCM City Tax Department processed 1,158 applications subject to tax refunds before inspection with a refunded tax amount of VND 7,795 billion
Operations at HCM City Tax Department. Photo: TH
HCM City Tax Department said that for enterprises and individuals to have capital to promptly resume their business and production, HCM City Customs Tax Department has requested units to reform the VAT refund settlement in accordance with the law.In the past 10 months, HCM City Tax Department processed 1,930 applications for tax refunds with a total refunded amount of VND 11,297 billion, up 2.28% in number and 100.4% in value year-on-year.
To create favourable conditions for taxpayers, HCM City Tax Department focused on tax refunds before inspection. Of 1,930 applications there were 1,158 applications subject to tax refunds before inspection with a refunded amount of VND 7,795 billion, equivalent to 60% of total applications and 69% of total refunded amount. In terms of reasons for refunds, tax refunds for export cases dominated with 1,744 applications (accounting for 90%) with a refunded amount of VND 10,398 million (accounting for 92%).
At a recent meeting with HCM City Customs Department, Director General of Taxation Cao Anh Tuan requested HCM City Customs Department focus on assisting taxpayers with the Government’s resolutions and decrees on supporting enterprises and people to come into practice.
At the same time, HCM City Customs Department needs to strengthen management of VAT and strictly control spending for tax refunds. Particularly, HCM City Tax Department has to focus on reviewing tax refunds for exports, especially on-the-sport exports.
By: Le ThuLe Thu/ Huyen Trang/Customsnews
- Nearly 96% enterprises participate in e-tax refund
- Refund tax for imported good and then exported
- Ha Noi Tax Department’s revenue in first six month estimated at more than 46%
- State budget revenue of Tax sector surpassed 9.3 percent of the target in 2019
- HCM City Tax Department collects billions of dong in tax arrears
- HCMC’s tourism association requests support for tourism agencies
- Renovate tax inspection
- Tax sector’s revenue affected by Decree 100
- Delay in notifying quality inspection result