A total of 16 speakers were joined by 500 senior leaders from various state management agencies, economic groups, along with domestic and international investment funds in Ho Chi Minh City on November 24 at the Vietnam M&A Forum 2020, with participants sharing their experience of the latest trends in the M&A market.
Six representatives of M&A consulting firms at the event (Photo: baodautu.vn)
During the event, six outstanding M&A consulting firms based in the nation were honoured as the best advisors of the year 2019-2020 including BDA Partners Consulting Company, KPMG Tax and Advisory Co., Ltd, Bae Law Firm, Kim & Lee Vietnam Co, Ltd, Bakers Mc Kenzie Law Firm, Law Firm VILAF, and Viet Capital Securities Joint Stock Company.
Deputy Minister of Planning and Investment Tran Quoc Phuong said the country will deploy a number of policies next year in order to create a development space that is capable of attracting investors to the nation. This will largely be done through industrial parks, he said, adding that the Government has directed the Ministry of Industry and Trade to devise policies aimed at meeting the energy supply source for development in the future.
Masataka Sam Yoshida, head of the Cross-border Division and CEO of Vietnam RECOF Corporation, emphasised that the M&A trends of Japanese investors in Southeast Asia, including those from the country, reached the highest number of deals with 33 last year, representing a 1.5-fold increase from the previous year, which demonstrates the keen interest of Japanese companies in the Vietnamese market.
Nicolas Audier, president of European Chamber of Commerce on Vietnam (EUROCHAM), stated that the enforcement of the EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) is expected to push through a greater number of M&A transactions in the future, especially in relation to projects from Europe.
- Vietnam CEO Forum 2020 to get underway on Nov. 19
- Malaysia government-owned VC firm MAVCAP names new CEO
- Venture funds commit $815 mln to Vietnamese startups
- MoMo among top 10 Customer Experience Excellence by KPMG
- Indo-Pacific Business Forum helps connect bussinesses
- Ecopark wants to invest in ecotourism and golf courses in Lam Dong
- Indo-Pacific forum connects firms
- Google launches website to help Vietnamese travel firms
- Indo-Pacific Business Forum held in Hanoi